Skip to content
Are Soft HIT balls cost-effective?
- Soft HIT balls may seem to cost more initially, but their value definitely exceeds their costs. Where else can you get a ball that lasts for YEARS and is super safe?
- Soft HIT balls have been hit over 10,000 times — that’s less than 0.025¢ (25/100ths of a cent) per hit. Now that’s a bargain!
What are Soft HIT balls made of?
- Soft HIT balls are made of polyurethane (PU) foam.
What do Soft HIT balls feel like?
- Soft HIT balls are soft PU foam. They are the same size as a baseball/softball, lightweight, and easy to squeeze.
- Soft HIT balls are softer than compression level 1 balls.
- Soft HIT baseballs weigh about 1.3 oz (30% more than a Wiffle® or poly ball).
- Soft HIT softballs weigh about 2.25 oz.
Can Soft HIT balls be used in pitching machines?
- Yes, Soft HIT balls can be used in pitching machines (e.g., Jugs Lite-Flite®).
How can you use Soft HIT balls?
Soft HIT practice balls can be used for:
- Soft toss
- Tee work
- Live pitching
- Pitching machines
- Fielding drills
- Catching drills
How far do Soft HIT balls travel when hit?
- On a solid hit, a 12 year old can hit a Soft HIT baseball into the outfield of a 60′ little league field. Soft HIT balls don’t fly as far as a regular baseball, which is an advantage
Can softball players use Soft HIT balls?
- Yes. Soft HIT balls are perfect for both baseball and softball players. In fact, we even have a 12″ softball-sized Soft HIT ball